Saturday, July 14, 2018

Pacific Northwest Trekkers Begin Their Travels on the Many Islands in the Puget Sound


I never thought in a million years that I would be excited to wake up at 6:55 in the middle of the summer. However, being apart of the Teen Treks family has me enjoying every moment, from dusk til dawn. The day started off great.  I made a dozen eggs for my fellow campmates, of which I had 4, half of what I would've liked, but this trip is all about making sacrifices and thinking about others' needs besides your own. Shortly after the meal, one of seven of the day, we packed up our bikes on the streets of Seattle and headed North. 3 Hours, 33 miles, a ferry ride, and a quick dip in "Ragnar" Lake later, we found ourselves amid beautiful scenery and wildlife on Whidbey Island.  We climbed upwards of 2,000 feet to get to our destination, which was probably the cause of my unbearable and nearly crippling leg cramps. Yet, come the end of the day we were still smiling and excited for another tough day tomorrow. While as a group we face our fair share of obstacles, we manage to get by with our uplifting attitudes and 5 pounds of grass fed organic ground beef sloppy Joes to end a wonderful day.  -written by Trekker Noah