Sunday, July 29, 2018

Fond Good-Byes for All on the Pacific Northwest Trek


The invigorating, exciting, yet strenuous two week bike tour of the beautiful Pacific Northwest ended just as it began; at the Green Tortoise Hostel of the infamous Emerald City. One could argue the final day was most enjoyable as the group enjoyed not one, but two delicious ethnic meals in Seattle. This was to be followed by a lounge in the park overlooking the vast mountain - scape and a viewing of the Seattle Torchlight parade.

It was a very bittersweet moment for all, as we turned the corner of 1st Ave, arriving at the final hostel; thus concluding our 450 mile international bike trek.

 I write this blog now sitting in the Sea/Tac Airport reminiscent of the wonderful and memorable past few weeks spent with Teen Treks. While I'm not sure I can ever look at a bicycle the same way, each time haunted by the torturous but rewarding 13 mile climb up to Hurricane Ridge, I acknowledge that these have been some of the most enjoyable days I've had and I'm certain I'll miss it and everyone; should I ever return back to civilization.
- written by Trekker Noah