Wednesday, July 11, 2018

European Grand Tour Trekkers in Bruges, Belgium


Today, we left Paris for Belgium. I watched the news on the strike at the Belgium train stations and I ate my croissant and drank my tea. We then biked to the Paris du Nord train station, finding a bike shop and sending our postcards on their way. After lunch, we found a spot to take apart our bikes and put them in big plastic bags. This was because the train did not allow bikes. It took us awhile but we managed to fit. The next challenge was to get all of our bikes and things onto the train before it left. We got many weird looks but I was too tired to care. After finally getting onto our train, I quickly fell asleep and when I woke up, we were in Belgium! Our day doesn’t end there tho, we had to get on another train to our hostel in Bruges. Finally we made it to town. Today was also the Belgium vs. France game, so David, Henry and I went to the town square to watch the game. Although Belgium lost, we still had a lot of fun
-Blog post from Andy