Thursday, July 5, 2018

European Grand Tour Trekkers Follow the Seine River to Rouen


I started the day by waking up to a damp sleeping bag and a snoring Henry lying on my leg. I gave him a light slap and started packing for the long day of biking we had ahead of us. David cooked the oatmeal as we tried to roll up our tents without getting wet. I said goodbye to our French neighbors as best as I could and we set off on our journey through the French country side.

We passed many tractors and even more cows, quickly reaching the highway. Although the speed limit was fast, the drivers were much more considerate than they were in England. We debated for a while about where to eat, but finally decided on sandwiches, AGAIN. We kept biking along the highway until we finally reached Rouen, its famous cathedral looming over the other buildings.

Aimee swiftly checked us in and we all flopped onto our beds. Showers were taken and David and Zoe dozed off in the afternoon sun. This left Henry, Aimee, and I in our hotel rooms, eating leftover pasta from a chip bag and watching Night at the Museum dubbed in French. A pretty good way to spend the night.