Sunday, June 28, 2009

Meet our Leaders: Jenn

Hi, I’m Jenn! I’ll be co-leading with Tony this summer on the Maine Coast trip. I recently graduated from Cornell with a major in Biology. I hope to eventually land an amazing research job that allows me to study the natural world, primarily the marine environment, while avoiding an office and instead travelling and doing fieldwork. Outside of school, I was a member of the Varsity Rowing team, a regular runner, biker, hiker and softball player. Now that I’m fresh out of college, I plan to spend next year travelling in South America and perhaps landing a job on the west coast.

My bike touring experience is a bit limited, but that makes me even more ecstatic for the trip this summer. The few tastes I have gotten of long distance biking, I have found more rewarding than most of other outdoor activities. You can make so much progress and cover a lot of ground on your bike each day and not once feel rushed to get to your final destination. Can’t wait to meet you in a few weeks!