Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Meet our Leaders: Hanna

Hi I'm Hanna and I'm I am super excited to be a tour leader with Teen Treks this summer! I am 21 years old, I've just graduated this May from University at Buffalo with degrees in philosophy and theatre performance, and I cannot wait to spend this summer on my bicycle. Travel is my greatest passion, next to acting and music. I've been lucky to do some travel around Europe. I volunteered on a small farm in France (through WWOOF), studied international theatre performance in Romania, and I've toured all around Europe by train. Touring by bike is for sure the most rewarding means of travel--it calls for real stamina, self-reliance, uses no fuel, and it moves slow enough for a person to enjoy the scenery and actually feel the elements. I love riding my bike around Buffalo. I've also done tours all over western NY, into Canada, and in Virginia. One day I'd love to combine bike touring and theatre by starting (or joining) a bicycle touring theatre company. In august I plan to move in with the members of my band and focus on music for the next year, as well as act in local productions around Buffalo. I cannot wait to meet all the teen trekkers and start touring. It will be a great summer!