Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Meet our Leaders: Adam

Hello everyone,

This is my dog Bruno, not a bicyclist himself but an avid bike chaser no less .

I am looking forward to meeting you all and having some great times on the bikes. A little about myself... I'm currently living in Buffalo, originally from outside NYC, and am a senior at the University at Buffalo as a Media Studies major. I'd say one of the biggest things on my plate right now is that I plan on racing the "Leadville 100" come August, an annual 100 mile XC mountain bike race in Colorado. I come from a pretty big family with 2 little sisters and 2 little brothers.

I didn't really get into cycling until about 2 years ago but it quickly became one of my favorite activities. Biking is wonderful!! Whatever kind of biking , onroad or offroad, I've found that cycling is the best way to get out and see the world in a way that one would normally not see it. Unlike in a car, you take everything in on the bike, the wind, the rain, the sun, the sounds, the smells. It's very satisfying to travel a large distance and realize that you, yourself got there under you're own muscle and determined resolve. Some of the best times of my life have been riding and I look forward to helping to encourage the same kind of experiences for you.
My style is relaxed. I put safety first and use my best judgement, but I also realize that fun should come in a close second. I plan on doing all that I can to make our trip as fun and safe as possible. Let's all be courteous and amiable to one another and try to get along despite any differences we may encounter, in fact I'm sure many of you will make good friends with eachother along the way.
Just like you guys are I am also excited, excited, excited to be traveling around different parts of the globe on our bicycles. Can't wait to see you this summer --- Adam