Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Meet our Leaders: Fawn

Hi! My name is Fawn Brokaw. I'm a recent college grad with a Bachelors in Industrial Design, specializing in designing medical devices and furniture. I grew up in the woods of western NY state and love being outside, traveling, meeting new people, and learning new languages. Last summer I lived in Copenhagen while studying Scandinavian furniture design and touring around Denmark, Sweden, and Finland. Copenhagen had such a great biking culture! There was an 87 year old woman I met that walked her bike around every day even though she couldn't ride it any longer. When someone asked her why she didn't just get a walker she said, "my bike is so much prettier."

Other than biking, I have always loved swimming and have lifeguarded and taught swim lessons for the past 8 years. I have recently taken up fresh water fly fishing because I enjoy having an excuse to get outside and near the water! When I'm not outside I like to keep up my sketching skills, trivia knowledge, and do some thrift store shopping. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and I know we will have some great adventures this summer!