Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Meet our Leaders: David

My name is Dave Burnette, I am 24 years old. I am currently a full time student at SUNY Cortland finishing up a degree in Therapeutic Recreation. While there I work part time at the Cortland Teen Center as a Mentor/Supervisor, as well as part time for the YMCA as an "Active Kids" Leader and Rock Climbing Instructor/Supervisor. Also while in Cortland I live at the Cortlandville Fire Department, where I get to live for free in an amazing environment. I work with a department full of great people, all in exchange for my service as a volunteer firefighter doing the exhilarating things we get to do! When I am not in school I am either back home in Kenmore, NY just hanging out, working at a YMCA summer camp, volunteering at the Niagara Climbing Center, or out doing some kind of adventure. If it is adventurous count me in, I enjoy rock climbing, sky diving, SCUBA diving, trail running, mountain biking, backpacking, fighting fire, skiing, camping (roughing it style), you name it. See ya out there, can't wait! Oh yeah...Go Red Sox!!