Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Meet our Leaders: Zoe

This will be my third summer touring on my bike and my first with Teen Treks. My bike is, without a doubt, my most treasured possession. I am so excited to get out and start riding this season!


During the school year I teach general music and chorus. I have just finished my first year teaching, and now have experience doing everything from elementary music to high school choir. It was a blast and I’m really looking forward to my career in education.

When I’m not teaching, I like to get outside and enjoy the beautiful Adirondack scenery. Some activities I enjoy include rock climbing, hiking, camping, and biking (of course).


It is always nice to be able to interact with students outside of the classroom. Whether as a camp counselor or trek leader, I find it incredibly rewarding to be a positive influence on young people at such a pivotal point in their lives.


I do my best to have fun in every situation, a skill that always comes in handy on the open road. Whether we are riding in a rainstorm or too exhausted to move, there will always be something to learn (or laugh about) that will make everything worthwhile.

There is absolutely nothing I would rather be doing this summer than touring with Teen Treks. I am so looking forward to meeting everyone that I will be traveling with. I’m sure we'll have a lot to learn from each other!