Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Meet our Leaders: Michael

Hi! I'm Michael Rose. I'm currently teaching math and coaching soccer in New York City, which has been an incredible change of pace and scenery for me. I recently moved to New York from Estes Park, Colorado, where I was teaching math at an experiential high school. My work history has been almost exclusively in the field of working with youth, with my sights set actively on youth engagement. I enjoy being a part of opportunities in which youth are able to take responsibility and develop as leaders in their communities.



Some things I enjoy (in no particular order): coffee, soccer, running, reading, climbing, biking, music, traveling, slacklining, and my family. The highlight of my last summer was designing and teaching a course on the physics of mountain biking in which we also had the opportunity to mountain bike all over Colorado. I'm looking forward to getting out on the road, spending the summer with some great people, and making great memories!