Thursday, May 21, 2009

Meet our Leaders: Jason

Howdy everyone… my name is Jason and I am 23 years old from Boston, MA. I live with two housemates I found through Craigslist and never looked back. I am an EMT for the neighboring Boston towns and I am also a 7th/8th math teacher in Cambridge and enjoy starting up a conversation with just about anyone (my most memorable was striking up an exchange with the drug enforcing officer in Colombia while giving his dog a tummy rub). I have a passion to travel, having lived in Barcelona for a year abroad and going to the Dominican Republic to live in a refugee camp. I love most of all going around meeting new, interesting people and hearing their stories. I love to go cruising around on my bike or jumping in the pool for a swim; I even picked up one day and started running marathons. I was on both the Tufts cycling and swim team and even played around for a while on the ballroom team. As for books, I read them when I can and enjoy all subjects. I am ecstatic to meet the group and I am ready for the exciting and memorable voyage that we embark on.