Thursday, May 28, 2009

Meet our Leaders: Dana

Greetings trekkers, families, and fellow leaders! I am so excited to be a leader for a teen treks bike trip this summer! I can't wait to meet you and travel with you this summer! But first, here's a little bit of info about me: I am a recent grad of SUNY Cortland, where I completed a Master of Science in Teaching degree. I am a New York State certified teacher for grades 1-6. I cannot wait to have my own classroom someday to inspire and engage young minds to develop a love of learning. I also have a B.S. in International Relations and worked for a couple of years as a bicycle safety educator in my hometown of Cortland. I have coached basketball and field hockey here at home and have traveled around the world a little bit as an English teacher in developing countries. My latest hobby is bicycle touring, as I have found it to be the perfect way to combine my love of bicycling with my passion for traveling. This year I have toured a bit of East Africa by bicycle and just recently returned from a trip through the Finger Lakes region of New York. I am eager to load up my panniers once again, this time for a trip with Teen Treks!