Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Meet our Leaders: Rachel

My name is Rachel, 25 years old -currently living in Buffalo- recently moved from Manhattan. I LOVE to travel. I've been to Mexico, Canada, Caribbean, Europe, and many states in the USA. I studied abroad twice in London and traveled to other countries from there. I traveled the most in college, but I am ready to go in a minutes notice! I love to visit friends all over the country. If you've ever seen the cell phone commercial with the guy who calls relatives/friends in every city to sleep on their couch- that's me! I am a terrible cook in the kitchen (picture pots over boiling, coffee grinds everywhere and broken coffee mugs- happens all in about 2 minutes) but am a good "baby-sitter cook". I've had a basic, healthy, cooking style from college through to my super tiny apartment in New York City.Traveling is my favorite thing to do, but sports would be second. I just came back from San Diego where I went ocean kayaking and bike riding in the mountains. I love cycling. I've done a couple bike marathons and have always wanted to take part in longer rides. So that brings me here: I love travel, can sort of cook, like bike riding, and have camped/hostelled. I think this program is a perfect fit for me and I can't wait to meet the other leaders and riders who think it is a great fit for them also!