Thursday, May 8, 2008

Meet our Leaders: Lisa

Hey! I'm 22 and I just graduated with a BFA in Illustration from School of Visual Arts in NYC. I'm a Texas native with a gypsy upbringing (I've also lived in Maryland, Missouri, Massachusetts, and Mexico --hmmm, too many 'M's), but I call the City home. I like to walk as much as possible, get lost in the aisles of used book stores (these days you'll find me in the Sci-Fi section,) sitting on streets and drawing. I'm a vegetarian, love Sigur Ros and podcasts--RadioLab & This American Life especially, and practically worship Stephen Colbert. I just had an awesome time cycling through all 5 boroughs with thousands of others. I'm totally psyched to be a trek leader this summer--my Bici and I need a break from the City and its way-too-rude cabbies, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys! I've had great fun in my past expeditions with teens, here in NYC and London as well (and then there's my 15 yr old brother and his crazy actor compatriots). When I'm not trekking the City I like to escape it: camping on beaches, hiking New England, cycling the Vineyard and sailing whenever I can.