Friday, May 2, 2008

Meet our Leaders: Kristen

Hello! I'm a 24 year old environmental scientist currently residing in Baltimore, Maryland. When I'm not digging in the dirt or sampling contaminated groundwater, you'll find me knitting, sewing, crocheting, taking pictures, dancing, playing the banjo, going on an adventure or trying to find a new hobby to add to my list. I grew up in the suburbs of Philadelphia and went to college in Vermont where I studied Environmental Science and Ecological Design. After spending some time living in an environmental co-op and a little more time living in a mud house in Brazil I decided the "real world" was calling and moved to Maryland for my current job. But now I'm ready for a break from the real world and riding a bike for a couple weeks sounds ideal to me. I'm really excited to be a Teen Treks leader because I love everything about bikes, whether it be riding them or fixing them. I work as a volunteer mechanic at a community bike shop in Baltimore and hope that I cannot only teach others about bikes but maybe you can teach me something too!