Friday, April 20, 2018

Welcome Back Trip Leader David!

I’m David, originally from Atlanta, GA. I can’t wait for yet another summer with Teen Treks: biking is my preferred form of travel since you can cover so much ground, yet still take in the sights and sounds of the region where you are traveling. I had a blast biking from New York to Montreal and the Pacific Northwest Trek in past years!

Summer is my favorite season. Since I was in high school, I’ve been lucky enough to do something different each summer, from going to the World Cup in South Africa to raft guiding in Tennessee to mountaineering in Canada.

A benefit of my job as a high school teacher is that I can keep adventuring during the summer! After working at an international school in the Dominican Republic for two years, I relocated to central Virginia, where I took up kayaking, yoga, and mountain biking. I even built my own trekking bike up from scratch! For the past few years I've been living in Salt Lake City.

I love teaching in the classroom, but nothing beats the experiential learning and growth that comes from going on an adventure. I can’t wait to meet you and for our super-duper biking extravaganza to begin!