Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Welcome Trip Leader Yael!

Hi there Trekkers!

My name is Yael and I’m originally from New Jersey. I love to travel and have lived in many cities around America, including Washington DC, Pittsburgh, Danbury (CT) and, briefly, Anchorage. I’m currently a graduate student in Philadelphia studying psychology and working in research at a children's hospital. I love to test out new stir-fry recipes, run through Philly and volunteer at my local animal shelter (I recently fostered a playful Great Pyrenees-mix puppy named Andy). I've worked as a counselor in both overnight and day camps, and as an instructor in a farm-based school where I helped students take care of their favorite farm animals, like llamas, sheep, cows and even an emu. I was a trekker when I was younger and I had an amazing time on my trip, making close friendships and unforgettable memories. I’m so excited to join Teen Treks again this summer and help guide an incredible, safe and fun experience! I can’t wait to meet everyone, load up the bikes and hit the road on a new adventure!

-Yael