Tuesday, June 11, 2013

European Phantom Leader, Kate!

Kate is a Teen Treks veteran, and even completed Across America, so we are beyond excited to have her Leading the next generation of Trekkers!

Here's what she has to say:
Exploring Ecuador
"Hey there Teen Trekkers!
I’m super excited to meet all of you! I’m Kate from the little town of Bow, New Hampshire. When I’m not hanging around NH or cycling, you will most likely find me hiking, reading, playing the violin or piano, skiing, or studying Sociology & Music at Colorado College!

I love any method of travel, but I have to say that biking is my absolute favorite! Cycling is the perfect medium in that you are able to move efficiently but still experience & be a part of the sights around you. I caught the cycling bug when I was in 8th grade. Since then, I did the Across America tour with Teen Treks (highly recommended!!), and toured around the Eastern US, Colorado, & Montreal. Aside from cycling, I’ve been extremely lucky to travel around South Korea, Brazil, and in Portugal & Paraguay. I recently completed a semester long leadership course through Outward Bound. I spent my semester pulling sleds around the Colorado Rockies, rock climbing in Joshua Tree National Park, canyoning in the beautiful canyons of Utah, and climbing snowy volcanoes in Ecuador.

I cannot wait to share with all of you my passion for bicycle travel and the great outdoors! There is no way to really describe the feelings and discoveries one can take away from such an experience..."