Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New 2013 Leader, Laura

Please welcome Laura to our Leader Team!

"Hello everyone!!

My name is Laura and I’m from Fredonia, NY.  I am currently studying Biomedical Engineering at the University at Buffalo.  School keeps me pretty busy but I always find time to do the things I love: hiking, white water rafting, knitting, rock climbing, cooking, reading, laughing, camping, snacking on cheese, swimming, drinking tea and of course, biking!
I’ve spent the past couple of summers life-guarding and working as a playground counselor for primary through middle school aged kids.  This past year, I was a resident advisor in the dormitories at my school. 

I started biking when I traveled to The Netherlands as a Rotary Youth Exchange Student.  Biking was my main mode of transportation during that year.  Anywhere I needed to go, I could rely on that bicycle to get me there!  During my year in The Netherlands, I also had the opportunity to travel to Germany, the Czech Republic, Austria, Italy, Spain, France, and Poland.  I had some unforgettable experiences skiing in the Alps, watching operas in foreign languages, sand dune mountain biking, and experimenting with European cuisine. 

I’m always up for new experiences and the challenges that may come along, so I hope you are all ready for an exciting summer!"