Friday, June 7, 2013

New 2013 Leader, Luke!

Pleased to introduce you all to Luke!  Here's more about him:


"Hi ya'll!


My name is Luke and I'm from a small lumberjack town in Northeastern Washington.  After I graduated university, I moved to Patagonia.  When the harsh Patagonian winter let up, I began my first major bike trip from Ushuaia, Argentina and ended in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.  There are so many reasons why I like bike touring, but at a deeper level the road is freedom; that paved stretch that you ride on will continue as long as you want it to, and it can take you to new experiences and inner peace.  While at Western Washington University, I raced on the collegiate team and called myself a triathlete.  In recent years I've been both a rock and alpine climber, mixed with ultra-marathons.  When I'm not on cliffs, I like writing and listening to spoken word poetry and talking about social issues and psychological studies. I was a park ranger at Mt. St. Helens and had a blast (pun intended) giving stories about the geology, the ecology, and the history of it - so expect some interesting talks when we go out this summer.  Stoked to get out on the road, fellow cyclists!"