Monday, June 17, 2013

New 2013 Leader, Erin!

We've got Erin leading for us this summer!  Here is what she has to say:
"Hi all!

I am Erin and I'm from Chicago, Illinois.  I love the city and I love biking! :) This is my first year leading with Teen Treks and I'm super excited!

I just graduated from DePaul University with a degree in Environmental Science.  I am interested in environmental education, conservation, and urban farming.  I spend a lot of my free time volunteering at different gardens around the city and tutoring students in after school programs.  

I bike all around Chicago as a way to commute and for fun.  Now I get the chance to use my bike as a way to see different parts of the country!  I think cycling is a great way to easily get around, lessen your carbon footprint, and an awesome way to experience seeing the world.  I also enjoy cooking/baking, knitting, playing with my three dogs, traveling and meeting new people.  

I am looking forward to having a fabulous and fun summer and to meeting the Teen Trekkers!

Peace,
Erin"