Friday, April 25, 2008

Meet our Leaders: Patrick

Hi everyone! My name's Patrick Alley; I'm 26 and I live in Maryland.I love to bike because I like being outside and traveling. When I'm not pedaling, I also like to cook, read, talk to people, and learn new things. I've lived in three different states in the last five years (FL, NH, and MD) because I like to move around! Besides seeing the U.S. (mostly the east and west coasts), I've also spent some time in Canada. I wanted to lead a Trek where I'd never gone before because I love trying out new places. I have a lot of experience in leading trips – from New Hampshire to Florida, Maryland to New Mexico, and every trip I've taken has taught me a lot. For me, being a good leader is all about setting goals for the group and helping everyone meet them. I'll use my experience to make sure things go smoothly,but I'll also count on you teens to make the trip be what you want it to be. My trips have always been a lot of fun, and I'm sure my Teen Trek will be a blast too!