Monday, April 21, 2008

Meet our Leaders: Maureen

Hey all! My name is Maureen Gates, although everyone just calls me “Mo.” I’m psyched to be along for the ride as a leader with Teen Treks! I’m 26 years old, and work and play in my hometown of Rochester, NY. During the day I am a social worker for Child Protective Services, and after work can be found trail running along the Erie Canal and in local parks, biking around my neighborhood, and in the winter, snowboarding in the mountains. I’ve been lucky to do lots of traveling with my adventurous friends and family over the years. I spent some memorable time backpacking around Portugal and Spain, and while studying abroad in Belgium during college, traveled extensively in France, Italy, Germany, Holland, Scotland and England. I’m also lucky to have friends and family in Hawaii, Seattle, and California who have made my trips visiting them totally awesome. We will have a great time together on our trip – I’m very silly and promise to keep you laughing during every peddle stroke you take on your bike! I can’t WAIT to get the ride started and help make this an incredible journey with such a cool group of teens!