Thursday, June 25, 2015

Meet Our Leaders: Andy

Greetings, yo!

I'm Andy, from Plattsburgh NY.  This summer is my most exciting one yet, as I am leading a second year in a row for Teen Treks.  I've done a tour each summer for the past 5 years, the most notable ones going from Troy to Plymouth and back, as well as with Teen Treks on their New England and Maine coast trips.  Right now, I'm about to go back to college to finish a psychology degree at Plattsburgh State, finishing up two last classes this school year! I've been a Resident Assistant at SUNY Plattsburgh for 2.5 years, and was a summer camp counselor for 5 years.  I like to sing, dance, do cartwheels, grow a beard, throw frisbees super far, hike, run, and make people smile. 

Over the past couple of years, I've had wonderful opportunities through the university to do volunteer work in Florida, South Carolina, and Virginia over my winter and spring breaks.  We helped build a house for Habitat for Humanity, and work in the parks of Florida eliminating invasive species of plants, and in Virginia doing trail maintenance.
I'm very passionate about cycling, whether it be cruising down a big hill or pushing up the next one.  There is something just too special about the wind in your hair, the power in your legs (and mind), and the happiness from conquering a trail.   Discovering new things is the spice of life, and I can't wait to make that happen -- on my bicycle, and alongside you!