Thursday, May 9, 2013

New 2013 Leader, Cecelia!

Happy to introduce Cecelia to all of you!

A well deserved break for a great view.
"Hey there!

I’m Cecelia from the great Mitten State.  I’m beyond excited for our upcoming adventure together! After riding my bicycle across the country with Bike & Build in 2011, I knew one day I would love to lead a cycling journey myself! Traveling by bicycle is something special; a sense of aliveness you just don’t feel through most other modes of transportation (exception: piggy-back!).

Recently, I served in AmeriCorps where we traveled by team throughout the East Coast to complete a wide range of service projects. After Hurricane Sandy, we helped to operate shelters in New York City. This was an extremely eye-opening and powerful opportunity, it proved to be one of my greatest learning experiences thus far.

Laughter, hiking, creating, jumping around, kittens & pups, camping, ice cream, sewing, good tunes, yoga, being spontaneous- I love it all!

A young person’s imagination and creativity is enlivening, I enjoy being around that energy. I have worked with teens in schools and after-school programs, and also assisted youth at many different non-profits throughout the country. 

Anyways, enough about me, I’m ready to meet YOU! The road is awaitin’ us!"
Hills and water, excellent!