Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New 2013 Leader: Rose


Rose is non-stop! Here's why:  
Rose can't wait to get on the road again!

"Hey Teen Trekkers, 
I cannot wait to start biking with you this summer!  My name is Rose and I grew up in Brooklyn, New York.  I love traveling by bike because it is the best way to immerse yourself in a new place – from gorgeous natural surroundings to all the interesting locals you meet along the way.  Last summer I biked across America to raise money for young adults with cancer.  It was an incredible adventure!  In the past few years I’ve been lucky enough to explore Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary and Austria by bicycle. In fact, I loved Austria so much that, after graduating from Yale University last year, I up and moved there!  These days I spend my time hanging out with Austrian teenagers teaching them English, while I learn more German, bike the Alps, sew dresses, knit socks, cook soups and bake cheesecakes. Recent projects include working in vineyards, tending apricot orchards, starting a garden, and learning which spring vegetables to pick in the woods behind my house. "
Killer scenery!