Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Meet Our Leaders: Dana Ballard

Dana Ballard
Hey there!

My name is Dana and I could not be more excited to be one of your leaders this summer! I grew up right outside Washington D.C., and have also spent time living in Montreal, Canada (where I went to university) and in Philadelphia. I’ve been a bike commuter for years and last summer had the amazing opportunity to bike across the country while raising money and awareness for HIV/AIDS. It was an incredible adventure full of natural beauty, physical and mental challenges and wonderful friendships. Biking is such a unique way to travel that allows people to truly experience their surroundings.

I love to travel and spend a lot of time thinking about where I’ll go next. I’m also a big fan of cooking, reading, playing the ukulele, being outside, crossword-puzzling, dancing, trying new things and meeting new people.

I can’t wait to get back on my bike, meet all of you, and share an awesome summer!