Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Meet Our Leaders: Kristen O'Brien

My name is Kristen and I'm from Cleveland, Ohio. I am a second grade teacher, and I can't wait to spend my summer break in the saddle with wonderful people in the outdoors! I can't think of a better experience. Words can't describe how I felt after I finished my first trek from Lancaster, PA to Havre de Grace, Maryland in one day.  Last summer I led the New York City to Montreal trek and it was a great experience. I'm excited to accomplish something great with you!

One of my favorite cities to travel to is Vancouver, B.C. to visit my twin sister, bike around Stanley park, and go snowboarding in Whistler.

I also enjoy competing in triathlons, scuba diving, and currently am trying to improve my volleyball skills. If there is a lake, swimming hole, beach or pool you'll have trouble keeping me out. In the past I developed a curriculum for an outreach program for middle school students in underrepresented schools to teach resiliency, self confidence, goal setting and interpersonal relationships skills. I also am a high school JV lacrosse coach.

I can't wait to meet you and make memories that last a lifetime!