Thursday, April 17, 2014

Meet Our Leaders: Cassie Mullen

Cassie!
Hello fellow dreamers, adventurers, and thrill seekers! My name is Cassie Mullen and I am originally from the great city of Seattle where there is nothing quite so lovely as sipping a nice cup of coffee on a drizzly day. The credit for my love of biking belongs to my cool big sister (although I will never admit that to her). The longest trip I have ever done was just under 2,200 miles from Minnesota to Seattle, and I must say that there is something inherently satisfying about propelling yourself along with nothing but the combined power of your muscles and your will, where no barriers of glass or time prevent you from soaking up the beautiful world. This, along with camping, removes us from the arbitrary confinements of society and reminds us what it means to be alive, be human, and be who we are. I have been coaching, and tutoring teens for a while now, and I am excited to bike with you all this summer. In addition to coaching basketball and soccer, I am a ski and snowboard instructor and am willing to beat you at any sport or game you want to play. I rock climb and sail, and am starting medical school in the fall. If you are ready for a grand adventure, ready to go with the flow, ready to teach me something and learn in return all the while eating tons of delicious food, (because all food tastes extraordinary when you are biking so far every day,) then we will have a wonderful voyage this summer! I look forward to meeting you!