Friday, May 2, 2014

Meet Our Leaders: Deborah Kraft

Hey Trekkers! My name is Deborah and I am so pumped to be biking with Teen Treks this summer! I grew up and still live just outside of Albany, NY. I graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute with a degree in Geology, and now I work for a cool company that grows packaging material out of mushroom roots! Neat, huh? It's basically a styrofoam alternative that is biodegradable.

Bicycling is one of my greatest passions in life. To me, it represents freedom from fossil fuels, a healthy lifestyle, and an awesome way to travel. I've done many long bike trips in the past and I bike to work almost every day all year round (yes, even in the snow!). I love being outside, playing ultimate frisbee, eating wild berries, traveling the world, and laughing until it hurts.

Can't wait to tour with you this summer!