Friday, May 17, 2019

Welcome Trip Leader Cara!

Hey everyone, Cara here! I am so pumped to be leading trips with Teen Treks, as bike touring has become one of my favorite and most fulfilling hobbies! I am originally from Long Island, but work/graduate school brought me to Binghamton, NY. I currently work with teens as a community health educator, which involves mentoring youth and teaching about healthy lifestyles. I began touring in college when I biked the entirety of Long Island in one weekend and decided I never wanted to stop. I biked from NYC to Baltimore, MD, did a few short tours around the east coast, and then biked from NYC to Los Angeles, California--my longest tour that took 3 months and spanned 15 states! I am always eager to spend my time off outside exploring. My other hobbies include: hiking, kayaking, playing guitar, knitting, sewing, and reading. I also LOVE to travel! I studied in Edinburgh, Scotland, and spent some time backpacking through various European countries. This summer, I am looking forward to learning about new places, having meaningful group experiences, exploration, adventure, and that unbeatable feeling of a huge meal after a full day of touring!