Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Welcome Trip Leader Amanda!

Hello!

My name is Amanda. I was born in New York but will forever be a Florida girl. I moved to North Florida when I was three then to South Florida to attend FAU. There I studied Art Education and have been working with kids of all ages ever since. Currently I am a 6th grade math teacher and absolutely love my job. One of the many reasons I love my job are the opportunities I get to travel. I traveled and lived in Taiwan for 6-months teaching English as a second language. While I was there I got to travel to the Philippines, Hong Kong and many different parts of Taiwan.

I knew I wanted leave town for part of my summer break and my first thought was to be a camp counselor somewhere in the mountains. Though, a Florida girl I love the mountains. My family had a vacation home upstate New York where we spent the winters and summer, skiing and hiking. In my search for a camp consoling job I stumbled upon Teen Treks and was eager to apply. I thrive on physical activity and I am super eager to lead this summer!

In my spare time I like to use my creative side by making eco-friendly household materials, paintings, jewelry, and anything else I can come up with. I also enjoy being active very much, especially outdoors. I love to go on long runs down the beach, snorkel, paddle-board, and casually ride my bike.

I’m looking forward to an amazing and adventurous summer!