Friday, June 1, 2018

Welcome Trip Leader Elliott!

Hello trekkers!  My name is Elliott and I am from Buffalo, New York.  I’m very excited to have this opportunity to get out on the open road with you all, clear our minds, and see all the sites our route has to offer.  I have traveled quite a bit, not only in the United States but internationally as well.  My family is very spread out throughout the states which provide me with great opportunities when I go visit them.  Additionally, I’ve traveled to many of the Latin American countries for service trips through my college and a handful of European countries for pleasure.  In the coming weeks, I plan to travel to Puerto Rico to help in the cleanup effort following Hurricane Maria.  My hobbies include biking (obviously), hiking, camping, backpacking, and snowboarding in the winter months.  In the past, I’ve worked as a lifeguard and as a swim coach at a local community center that attracts the after school crowd.  I look forward to our adventures together and the ability for us to detach ourselves from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.  This can be done so easily by putting down our phones and experiencing the world around us.  See you all soon!!