Thursday, May 31, 2018

Welcome Trip Leader Alexa!


Hey there, trekkers! My name is Alexa and I’m from Rochester, NY. I’m so excited to be a part of Teen Treks this summer! I can’t wait to spend time in the great outdoors and travel around powered only by my own two legs. Traveling and experiencing different cultures is one of my passions in life—I just finished up college at Duke with a degree in Global Health (and biology), and I’m headed to Emory next year for a Master of Public Health in Global Health. During my childhood and my time at Duke I’ve gotten to visit Tanzania, South Africa, France, Mexico, Canada, and many different areas of the US. Besides traveling, I love hiking, running, rowing, listening to podcasts (right now I’m on season two of Serial), doing puzzles, and being outside. During the past three summers I’ve worked with and led a camp that introduces cool science & engineering topics and experiments to middle schoolers and some high schoolers from disadvantaged backgrounds. I’ve had the greatest time working with and learning from teens, and I can’t wait to hang out with some trekkers this summer!