Thursday, May 22, 2014

Meet Our Leaders: Laura Brown

Hello everyone!!

My name is Laura and I can’t wait for this summer to start!  I grew up in the cute little town of Fredonia, NY where I spent my childhood frolicking in the grape vineyards and swimming in Lake Erie.  I ventured off to The Netherlands after high school as a foreign exchange student where I fell in love with biking.  As my main mode of transportation, I quickly became dependent on my beloved Dutch bike. After many overseas adventures, I returned to the states and never stopped biking.  I just finished my degree in biomedical engineering at the University at Buffalo, so I am ready for another summer spent travelling by bike. 

I thrive off of having a hectic lifestyle but always find time to do the things I love most: hiking, cooking, laughing, swimming, drinking tea, knitting, and biking, of course.  My favorite memories are from the times spent travelling, experiencing new things, and spontaneous adventures.  I am sure that the bike trips this summer will be filled with all of these things!

I led an awesome group around Lake Ontario last summer with Teen Treks and I’m pumped to be back again this year! I hope you are all ready for an exciting summer! I can’t wait to meet all of you!