Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lake Ontario Treks' First Week on the Road

"Week 1
Here we are on the Lake Ontario trek, between Buffalo and Toronto. We have already done a variety of things including crossing customs and arriving into Canada, getting soaked on Niagara Falls' Maid of the Mist, playing tic-tac-toe with peanut butter and jelly banana sandwiches, going shopping 14 times for lunch and dinner, and biking over 165 miles.
I am happy to notice the quality of the Food Commitee's meals increasing, much to my stomach's approval. The First Committe's lunch consisted of PBJs . Now, if you open everyone's panniers, you'll find a huge variety of condiments ranging from sweet potato hummus, curry powder, and if we're lucky, nutella.
When all of us met on the very first day, none of us knew each other. Now, after a week, we are all best friends. The first day, the typical conversation at dinner would be this:
"Hey, um, um, ummmm-"
"Bryson"
"Will you please pass the sandwich meat?"
"Yes of course"
But times have changed. And the past is not recent anymore. This is a current example of our dinner-time conversation:
"Yo yo yo!" I say, "Hook me up with that salsa!"
"I don't see it," says Laura. "And I'm wondering where the Hot Sauce is."
"Where's the hummus?" says Chris. "I want hummus."
"Fifty gold stars to whomever brings me hot sauce right now."
"Not in MY panniers!" says everyone.
"Someone's got to have hummus!" says Chris
"CHUMM-ous!" says Sylvia.
And this conversation goes on...
Camping has become increasingly easier. Rocks are a mutual hate if the tent is pitched ontop of them. The camping is INTENSE! (pun definitely included.)
Today we are on our way to a Hedge Maze. Walker is scared that we will all make it but one person; I hope that's not me!
Last week, while sitting around a camp fire, we played a game called "Mafia." The mafia won. That wasn't supposed to happen.
A few days ago, we visited a waterpark. Sam, Jason, Dan and I rode 1 ride the whole time. It was pitch black inside and it was so sick.
I hope everyone enjoys reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. The Lake Ontario trip is awesome, as anyone here would tell you. Peace out, Bro, and read my next post next week.
Bryson Nager,
AKA Mike Bryson.

PS: Stay Hydrated with our Water Words of the Day:
1. "Aqua"
2. (Call:) "Tip That Jug" (Response:) "Chug Chug Chug!"
3. (Call:) H2 (Response:) Oh Yeah!
4. Sip It, Or Ticket!
5. Quench Yourself Or Bench Yourself
6. Drink Water- (Why?) It's Getting Hotter!" - Bryson Nager, Teen Trekker

Follow the trip :