Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welcome Alicia!

Hey Teen Trekkers, my name is Alicia. I was born and raised in beautiful southern California but moved to Toronto, Canada for my career. I’m a professional toy designer, a.k.a., I’m an adult who gets to play with toys for a living! Currently I work as a freelance designer in Buffalo, NY and use my bike as my primary source of transportation. I absolutely love cycling and the knowledge that I am not only doing something good for myself but also for the environment. In addition to biking I enjoy hiking, camping, swimming, Kan Jam, gardening, knitting, sewing, screen-printing, drawing, music and the fun that comes from random adventures! I love meeting new people and experiencing new cultures. I have traveled throughout the U.S., Canada, Italy, France, U.K., Switzerland, Germany, and Mexico. There is something that you get from traveling on a bike that you just wouldn’t experience otherwise and I am so excited for the journey that awaits! This is going to be one unforgettable summer; I can’t wait to be a Teen Trek leader!