Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Say hello to Kaitlyn!

Hello everyone! My name is Kaitlyn and I can’t wait to lead for Teen Treks! In December I will be graduating from Tennessee Tech University with a degree in Environmental Journalism. I moved from my hometown of New Braunfels, Texas four years ago to play tennis in college. Now that it is all coming to an end, I am ready for new adventures in my life! Growing up traveling from tournament to tournament, I gained a love for the open road and discovering new destinations. I have been all over the U.S, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe where I spent some time learning Spanish in Spain! I have found biking is one of the best ways to travel around and see all the beautifully land around you, which is why I love it so much. Biking is just one of many hobbies of mine though. I also really enjoy hiking, running, river rafting, music, photography and writing. I have found writing and photography is a great way to reflect on all this world has to give you and allows you to appreciate all you have seen. Nothing makes me smile more than good people, which is why I am so thrilled about meeting all of you. I can’t wait for some fun in the sun this summer!