Monday, March 21, 2011

Mundane Monday Just Got Better! Meet Your Newest Leader!


Hi, I'm Jacob! It was my love of bikes that led me to Teen Treks. I remember riding all over my neighborhood the moment I got my training wheels taken off, and I haven’t slowed down since. A trip to Mt. St. Helens was my first real tour. To get there I traveled up the Oregon coast, through the windy Columbia River Gorge, then up a three thousand foot climb to camp at the base of that huge, broken mountain. Since then I’ve toured the whole west coast and up to Vancouver, BC.

Right now I live in Eugene, Oregon and I work at a gymnastics club. I am one of a lucky few individuals whose job involves adolescents and trampolines! Besides the gym, I have been working towards becoming a bike mechanic by volunteering at a local bike co-op. Also, I’ve gotten into bike advocacy. In my hometown, cycling group’s work with city planners to make sure all new construction is bicycle friendly.

This summer I look forward to sharing my experience and love of touring with a fun group of people!