Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Meet Max!

Hello teen trekkers! I’m Max from Berkeley, California. I’m super excited to lead a great group this summer. I love bike travel, because you’re not watching the world pass by behind a pain of glass (like you would in your car)… you’re in IT, breathing the air and soaking in the sun! After my first bike tour from Berkeley to New Mexico, I was hooked. Since then I’ve been traveling in Ecuador, Peru, Mexico, Guatemala, and of course the good old United States. I love writing, drawing, hiking, camping, telling stories, eating, playing music, and most importantly, being goofy and having fun. For the past four years I've worked at a youth summer camp in Berkeley promoting peace, respect, community, and equality. And these are some of the values I continue to carry with me while traveling as I grow as a student of the world (and at UC Berkeley).