Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Welcome, Andy! Another new leader!


Hola!
My name is Andy Akins and I finished up my Masters in School Counseling last summer at Sage Graduate School in Troy, NY. Prior to that, I graduated from St. Michael’s College in Burlington, VT where I studied Economics. I now work as a School Counselor at a junior high school just outside of Saratoga Springs, NY where I live with my wife and dog, who are the best! My family means the world to me. I’ve been fortunate enough to travel all over the United States and Canada. I’ve climbed the glaciers of Mt. Rainier in Washington State and scaled the icy rocks of Mt. Katahdin in Maine. As a school counselor, I’ve been able to help others reach their goals and be the best person they can be. I feel very lucky to work with so many amazingly smart and unique students every day! Oh yeah…I almost forgot to mention. If it has to do with cycling, I’m in. As a hobby, I ride bikes, build bikes, help others fix bikes, think about bikes, race bikes and even dream about bikes. John F. Kennedy once wrote, “Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.” I agree with him. I couldn’t think of a better activity this summer than to be a part of Teen Treks. See you on the road!