Monday, March 22, 2010

Hi Sylvie!!


My name is Sylvie Froncek. I am a junior at Pitzer College in California, majoring in American Studies with a minor in French. I have a long list of hobbies including custom bicycle painting, extreme multitasking and acrobalance, but my favorite activities by far are cycling, rock climbing and hiking.
After high school I spent a year and a half backpacking through 35 out of 48 states in the continental US and working on trail maintenance crews on the Appalachian Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail.
Last summer I drove across the country and then worked on an organic farm in France, returning home just in time to lead a 5 day freshman orientation adventure program centered around cycling culture in Los Angeles.
That just about brings you up to date! Currently I volunteer at a bike co-op and lead outdoor trips at Pitzer College and when I am home, in Ithaca NY, I work for Cornell University’s Team and Leadership Center, facilitating high and low ropes course programs with people of all ages.