Monday, June 2, 2008

Meet our Leaders: Monica

Hi! My name is Monica and I'm stoked to be a trek leader this summer and can't wait to meet everyone and get started! I went on a trip a couple of years ago and liked it so much I wanted to do it again. From getting lost to exploring bizarre places and meeting new people, this summer should be amazing! I'm going to college at the University of Toronto majoring in political science and religion (not the greatest conversation topics, but I love studying them anyways). Besides hanging out in the global village of Kensington Market in Toronto where you can hear a million different languages and taste strange food, I love to travel; last summer I went to Mexico and tried to learn a little Spanish, and this year I traveled to a bunch of different states to work on the upcoming presidential election. I also love to listen to, and play all sorts of music (I recently started playing the Irish tin whistle, which some people might classify as a toy, but that's a touchy subject) But, most of all, I love biking in the summer (the Canadian winter isn't exactly the friendliest of environments) and can't wait to venture out with you guys!