Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Meet our Leaders: Jarod

Hi... I'm Jarod and I'm 25 years of age hailing from Baltimore, MD. I live with my sister, my friend Meredith, and my two cats (Gonzo and Gato). I enjoy riding most types of wheel based vehicles and some non-wheeled based vehicles as well... but more often than not, my track bike. I worked as a bicycle courier for a while in Baltimore. I have spent a good bulk of the last couple years of my life traveling, mostly around the U.S. Last summer my sister and myself spent the summer roaming around the country in a '94 volvo until it unexpectedly exploded in Utah. I have a fondness for insects at the moment and am currently studying botany and lepidopteras in my room. I really enjoy all types of music, with a special fondness for Elton John at the moment. I play guitar, bass, and drums and just recently formed a pop-punk band with my friends Pat and Brian. I also really enjoy recording instrumental music by myself. I read all types of books... with a special fondness for authors like Haruki Murikami and Paul Auster. I really look forward to riding bikes with you all this summer.