Monday, June 16, 2008

Meet our Leaders: Jenny

Hey everyone. This is Jenny from New Jersey (apparently Jenny and Erin were the only names available to girls born in the 80’s…now I’m feeling entirely unoriginal, contemplating a change-of-name, and welcoming suggestions). Anyway, I just learned about this blog yesterday so I figured I’d keep it alive by adding a posting of my own. First off, I want to say that I had a great time at the training. By the end, I realized that I would have been happy with any co-leader pairing and I think that all of our Trekkers are in for a summer with some pretty awesome people.

When I was 18, I took an Outward Bound expedition course which included hiking and white-water rafting through Colorado and Utah. It was an amazing experience and I think that Teen Treks is very similar to Outward Bound in terms of its structure and goals; that whole “promoting personal growth, adventure, and fun” business is the real deal. Biking is, of course, a major part of every trip but there is so much more to the overall adventure; even the minor mishaps are really valuable (no, this doesn’t mean that I’m hoping for flat after flat after flat). I can’t wait to get out on the road with my group and I’m looking forward to working together to reach our destination and to having a ridiculously good time along the way.

Well, that’s about all I have to say for now. Best of luck to all of the teens and leaders!!!