Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hear Danielle's Story!

On the Canadian Trek 101 there were a lot of experiences,lessons, and beautiful sights. First of all, when you go on a Teen Treks trip, you have a lot of expectations of what it will be like on a 16-day trip. It seems frightening at first, but really its not! It’s great fun. My first impression of the trip was that I would be really scared to not have my parents with me. Once I established what it was going to be like on the trip and where I was going to go, I learned independence. Now, I feel like I don’t need my parents with me every minute of my life.

I saw amazing sights like Niagara Falls and much more! You notice a lot more on a bike than when you are in a car. I also went to a lot of major cities in Canada like Toronto, Kingston and Niagara Falls. There was something different about each city, but one thing that is the same about all of them is they are all bordering Lake Ontario. Overall, we did about 400 miles of biking. After the trip, once you think about it, you feel like you accomplished something not commonly done.

To anyone who is thinking about going on a Teen Trek, I recommend it for everyone!

~ Danielle Jarashow, Grade 7