Monday, March 31, 2008

Autobiography of a Great Leader


A past bike trip leader, Ann was one of two leaders of a Cape Cod Trek, which went out with a group of 10 exceptional teens. Ann lives in Cleveland, Ohio, where she works as a high school teacher and enjoys yoga, bike-riding, her family, and much, much more. Here is what Ann has to say about herself...


“I am proud of my family and very grateful to have been blessed with such wonderfully supportive parents and awesome brothers! In my free time, I like to read, travel, listen to music, listen to NPR (National Public Radio), garden, and play with my one-and-a-half-year-old nephew, Ryan. Some things in the world that amaze me are the sky, the ever-expanding universe, the power of language, the written word, the many paradoxes in our everyday lives, and the human brain! I feel very free and independent when I am biking. I love to commute by bicycle whenever the opportunity presents itself. This summer’s Cape Cod Trek was a great time because of the fun group and the excitement of exploring a new area—and to travel by bike added to the adventure! One of my favorite quotes is, ‘You know you've found your purpose when your greatest joy meets the world's deepest need.’ There are days when I feel like I've definitely found this joy and purpose in my teaching career! I've been teaching for ten years, and I have enjoyed sharing my love of reading and learning with my students.”


~ Anne Taddeo