Thursday, March 27, 2008

Experiencing the World


I went on the trip that goes from Pittsburgh to Washington DC. The night before the trip, it suddenly dawned on me that it was going to be hard. I got pretty nervous. However, when I went to the hotel where we were going to meet, everyone was really nice. I immediately knew that this was going to be a great experience. To make a long story short, I was right. I enjoyed every moment of the trip, from the biking, to white water rafting, to going swimming across the border of West Virginia, to watching the Colbert Report when it rained, to touring DC, to just being with the other kids in my group. Being from New York City, I had never really seen that much of the rest of the country, except for the North East, and this trip really showed me smaller towns and beautiful scenery further south, which was great. My group was really close and by the second day, I was really good friends with everyone. The trip was a great experience for me, and I would recommend it to anyone. I will definitely do another one next year.


~ Nick Evert, Grade 9