Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Meet Our Leaders: Monique Gallant

My name is Monique and I am originally from Nova Scotia, Canada. I don't have a dog sled, but I do play/coach ice hockey and I love tunneling in the snow. I first caught the biking bug when I did a program about climate activism and biking was our primary mode of transportation. My team and I biked all around Vermont for 7 weeks and I loved every hilly mile of it.  Last summer, I led the Across America trek, and it was spectacular! I got to experience everything from mountains of Montana, to the small rural towns of Iowa, to the big city of Chicago. These are memories that will last a lifetime! I love camping, hiking, and sports in general.  I can't wait to get out there again this summer and see the hidden wonders that come with taking the back roads of the world. I hope that you will join us!